Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cute elf with mail, wreath, Christmas tree, beautiful frames for scrap booking and altered art. All free clip art.

Welcome to all the many new and returning friends. Glad you have come for a visit.
  Yesterday I went to Healdsburg, California. Healdsburg has a traditional downtown square edged by stores and businesses. In the middle of wine country it has evolved into a very trendy place. Wonderful shops, bookstores and cafes. The little fabric store is stocked with exquisite fabric some rarely seen in chain stores. The Swiss eyelet trim was so fine it looked handmade. I spent at least an hour if not more slowly looking at every bolt.Healdsburg Sonoma County CA - Plaza Street
These are photos from the web as I did not have a camera with me. Next time I will  take pictures inside some shops that you would just love.
 I really needed to get out of the house and visit with a dear friend.
A while ago I posted an antique marriage certificate. I have since learned how to straighten, crop and paint an image. So here it is again. It is so beautiful!
    
 
Another frame from a 1850's invitation

Victorian era lady of luxury. What an incredible dress. How did the artist recreate that silk?

Cute little fairies or elf's delivering mail. It is always nice to go to the mail box and find a beautiful card or cheery note from a friend. From a very old book.

 I think this is a Santa on a horse. It is from inside a vintage 1920's greeting card.

The following images are taken from a 1907 edition of Theodore Storm's book " Immensee" The book has an Art Nouveau  and Arts & Crafts era  look.  There are many more woodblock images from each chapter plus 9 illustrations similar to the oval one. They will be posted in the future.
   


 
I still want to post some old photographs later this evening. Well it is time to tend to other things(like hot chocolate) for a while. Much love Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment